Home | Blog | All Tags | Now | Search
Purging the Images
Thursday 23rd November, 2023
In a bid for extreme minimalism and the text-only direction I find this site going in, I feel I would like to purge all posts that contain images.
There are a couple of options here:
- Where the image can be described in text I can do so, keeping the post intact.
- Where the image can’t be described in text, or is an integral part (or only part) of the post, I could create a new post to convey the same information without the need for imagery.
- Where those are not possible, I could let go and simply delete the post.
Updates 24th November 2023:
- Added a 40-pixel red border around images in css, so if I do post one I will remember not to!
- Removed the image from The Last Two Sandwiches in the Shop and The Humble “Uguisu” Bird. They were only decorative in any case.
- Removed the “handwritten web” pages and updated the blog about them to remove the link. On reflection, it was extremely wasteful to use an image to convey what could fit in a few bytes of text.
- Changed Two Worlds to a text description of my old musing.
- Removed “Anagram Time” and “AI Chinese Whispers”, they were built around images.
- Removed “A Frustrating Session With ChatGPT 4”, it required the images to make sense and text descriptions were not working.
Tags: Meta, Small Web
← Ouch! – PA Re-Piercing
Scared To Play →
Happy to discuss anything you read here by email: firstname.lastname@example.org